WELCOME TO ROTARY CLUB OF GULSHAN
Rotary Club of Gulshan, RI District-3281 Bangladesh, was chartered on 30 June 1976 under the dynamic leadership of Rtn PP Dr K.M. Sultanul Aziz, a reknowed microbiologist. The locality of the Club is Gulshan and adjoing area of Dhaka City, the capital of Bangladesh. The Club enjoys a prestigious position in the district through its social and humanitarian projects from the very inception. The Club meets at Palm View Restaurant of Army Golf Club located on the Airport road, at 5.30 pm (summer) and 4.30 pm (winter) on Saturday. We welcome all visitors to our regular weekly meetings and consider such visits will enrich our knowledge through exchanges of ideas.
OUR AREA OF FOCUS
We are more focused on the follwoing areas with various kind of projects and activities with the support of club members, partners and Rotaractors
OBJECT OF ROTARY
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular to encourage and foster.
First : The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
Second : High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's ooccupation as an opportunity to serve the society.
Third :The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business and community life.
Fourth : The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
DECLARATION OF ROTARIANS IN BUSINESS & PROFESSION
As Rotarian engaged in a business or a profession, I am expected to:
1. Consider my vocation to be another opportunity to serve.
02. Be faithful to the letter and spirit of the ethical codes of my vocation.
03. Do all in my power to dignify my vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards on my chosen vocation.
04.Be fair to my employer, employees, associates, competitors, customers, the public and all those with whom I have a business or professional relationship.
05. Recognize the honor and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society.
06. Offer my vocational talents to provide oportunities for young people to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in my community.
07. Adhere to honesty in my advertising and in all representations to the public concerning my business or profession.
08. Neither seek from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded to others in a business or professional relationship.